Thursday, July 2, 2009

Foods That Lower High Blood Pressure...

With all the horrible news that pops up every other day about how this food and that is bad for your blood pressure, it may seem hard to believe that you can actually lower blood pressure with some nutritional foods. The truth of the matter is that you can. Some foods will naturally lower your blood pressure. This does not mean that you can use this to replace medication, but it does help immensely with those that are borderline high. Also, it can enhance the effects of medicines for high blood pressure.


Here are a number of different foods that can lower blood pressure naturally:

Some of the best foods to lower high blood pressure are those that are high in calcium. Calcium has always been known to be a good thing for high blood pressure, and no food is better than skim milk. Skim milk gives you the good (calcium and vitamin D) without giving you the bad (tons of fat) Any other foods that are high in calcium are also usually great for lowering high blood pressure. These include almonds, sardines, and most leafy green veggies.

Some more great foods for lowering blood pressure include yellow corn, grains, apples, and grapefruit. These foods are wonderful because they contain another fantastic enemy of high blood pressure…magnesium. Yet another reason to eat your spinach as well.

High blood pressure is one of the few reasons that your doctor might advise that you enjoy a little chocolate. Dark chocolate is said to lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings. Not many people that I know would have a problem taking some chocolate now and then for their blood pressure. This is not for everyone so be sure to check with your doctor to see if the benefits are higher than the risks for your particular medical situation.

Another important food factor in lowering blood pressure is potassium. Most people are aware that bananas are high in potassium, but do not realize there are a number of other delicious foods that are as well. They include watermelon, oranges, baked potatoes, and even zucchini. Omega three foods are also great for high blood pressure and include most of the oily fishes including tuna. Finally, garlic is long considered to be one of the best natural enemies of high blood pressure.

By sampling each of these foods on a regular basis and keeping them in moderation, you can help to get control of that high blood pressure. Take your medicine and watch your diet, and you will find that your blood pressure will respond in kind.

1 comment:

  1. I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN am from California in USA, I contacted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to sent it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, MENINGITIS ,LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESURE, TUBERCULOSIS, ALZHEIMER ,PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2349010754824           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information. on Sarah Morgan.

    ReplyDelete